IPL Photofacial Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Patients should avoid excess sun exposure before IPL treatment.
- Patients should avoid using any topical retinol containing products at least 48 hours before treatment.
- Patients should avoid drinking red wine or taking blood thinners, such as aspirin and fish oil supplements, the day before the procedure.
IPL Photo Facial Post Treatment Instructions
A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, but can persist up to 72 hours. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, resolving in 2-3 days.
Until redness has resolved, it is recommended to avoid the following:
- Applying cosmetics to the treated area
- Retinol use for 48 hours post-treatment
- Exercise causing excessive perspiration or activities that may raise body temperature
- Swimming, in pools with chlorine
- Hot tubs, baths, and saunas
- Sun exposure and tanning in treated areas
- Scrubbing and exfoliation in the treated area
In the morning following the treatment, treat the area with a mild cleanser and then apply Vitamin CE serum for 1 week post-treatment. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 45 or higher daily.
Lesions may initially look darker and will naturally shed in an average of 7-21 days and continue to fade over the next 6-8 weeks.