Laser Erbium Skin Resurfacing Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Hydrate, drink 8 classes of water at least 2 days prior to treatment daily.
- Avoid salty foods and alcohol to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid excess sun exposure before treatment.
- Avoid using any topical retinol containing products at least 48 hours before treatment.
- Avoid drinking red wine or taking blood thinners (consult with physician first), such as aspirin, Motrin, turmeric, and fish oil supplements, the day before the procedure.
- Start taking anti-viral medication, if have a history of cold sores, 3 days prior to procedure.
Laser Erbium Skin Resurfacing Post Treatment Instructions
Wash the treated area with a mild cleanser (Cetaphil) then apply the following as instructed for 1 week post-treatment:
Eu Thermale Avene Sos Post Care Kit
- Eau Thermale Spray if heat sensation occurs following the procedure
- Use the Cicalfate AM and PM
- Tolerance Cleansing Lotion prior to the Cicalfate PM
- Broad-Spectrum physical block sunscreen with SPF of 44 or greater when going outside.
- Redness and swelling is expected lasting 72 hours.
- Tylenol may be taken to reduce discomfort
- Sleep with your head elevated
- Call the office at 239-789-3098 if drainage, fever, or increased pain or swelling occur
- Take Benadryl 25mg at night to reduce swelling
- Treated areas will shed naturally 3-7 days
- Treated areas will heal in 1-2 weeks and redness will continue to fade over the next 2-3 weeks. Dryness is to be expected during the healing process.
It is recommended to avoid the following while healing:
- Retinol use for 48 hours post-treatment
- Sun exposure and tanning
- Hot tubs, baths, and saunas, scrubbing and exfoliation
- Swimming in pools with chlorine
- Exercise causing excessive perspiration