Vivace PRP Facial/Facelift Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Avoid excessive Alcohol, Aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Aleve) Garlic, Gingko Biloba, Fish Oils and Vitamin E for 5-7 days prior to your treatment unless recommended by your physician. This may help to decrease the risk of bruising during your treatment but is not contraindicated.
- Stop using topical retinoids 1 week prior to treatment
- Avoid sun exposure 2 weeks prior to the treatment
- For Cold Sore sufferers - it is recommended to take anti-viral medication the day before, the day of, and the day after your treatment.
- Please let us know if you need a prescription
Vivace PRP Facial/Facelift Post Treatment Instructions
Immediate pinpoint bleeding can occur, which should resolve within 24 hours
- Minor redness and swelling may occur for 1-2 days
- Minor peeling and flakiness can occur after a few days. Don’t pick at the loose skin. Call Sweet Spot MediSpa if you experience excessive redness, swelling, pain, or drainage as these might indicate an infection
- The initial 72 hours post-procedure are the most critical
- Avoid direct sun and heat for 3-4 weeks. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace, etc.
- Discontinue use of any Alpha-Hydroxy products 5 days after treatment. You may resume your home care regimen when skin is no longer flaking and peeling.
- Use hydrating and reparative products. Products rich in soothing and healing ingredients are best to encourage new healthy cell growth. Peptides, antioxidants, stem cells, vitamins A, C and E, and growth factors work very well.
- Use physical sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher. Re-apply every 30 to 90 minutes. Do NOT go outside without sun protection (even on a cloudy day).
- Do not apply your regular make-up and SPF for a minimum of 24 hours after your treatment
- Itching, redness, and swelling are normal parts of the healing process. These symptoms rarely persist longer than 24-72 hrs.
- Do NOT scratch or peel the skin as this may cause permanent scarring.
- Limit exercise the first week.
- Drink plenty of water.