Neurotoxin/Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your provider prior to treatment. The doctor will need to write a prescription to pre-treat to eliminate the chances of you developing a cold sore post treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 daysprior to treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages 1 week prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your appointment at least 1-2 weeks prior to a special, such as a wedding or a vacation due to risk of bruising and swelling post treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance if you have a severe rash, cold sore or blemish in the treatment area.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink, before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising (Usage: Dispense 5 pellets under your tongue 3 times a day).
Neurotoxin Post Treatment Instructions
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 4 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facials, facial laser treatments, or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days.
- Do NOT lie down or perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping of the eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment, you may need additional Botox. You are responsible for additional costs for product used during any touch up or subsequent appointments.
Facial Filler Post Treatment Instructions
- Avoid laser treatments directly over or above Hyaluronic Acid fillers for 4-6 weeks after injection.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid massaging/manipulating the treated area for 24 hours following treatment (unless instructed by your provider).
- Do NOT consume excess amounts of alcohol or sodium to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 5-10 minutes each hour (5 mins over eyes) and take Tylenol to ease any discomfort.
- We recommend sleeping on your back and slightly elevated, if you experience swelling.
- Avoid dental work 1-2 weeks after filler injections.